Jennifer G Connell & Associates was established in 1990. The firm prides itself on the development of strong client relationships with an emphasis on providing effective legal solutions. The firm services clients both within New Zealand and internationally.
Jennifer G Connell & Associates combines has the experience to achieve an innovative yet pragmatic approach to legal issues.
Meet the Team
Jennifer G Connell
History: Jennifer graduated from the University of Auckland with Honours in 1975. She joined her father’s practice Connell & Connell in the same year. She subsequently established Jennifer G Connell Barristers and Solicitors in 1990.
Jennifer has been involved in a wide range of legal issues and more recently has concentrated on commercial and domestic conveyancing transactions, family trusts, wills and estates.
Qualifications: LLB (Hons)
Position: Senior Associate
History: John graduated with a law degree from the University of Auckland in 1969 and commenced practice in the same year. Since that time, John has been extensively involved in all areas of litigation, particularly in the areas of civil and criminal law.
John also holds two Masters degrees having graduated in 1996 with a Masters in Commercial Law (Honours) and again in 1999 with a Master of Taxation (Honours) from the University of Auckland.
Aside from practicing in New Zealand, John is a member of the Cook Island Bar where he appears regularly and has also been involved in litigation proceedings in Western Samoa.
Qualifications: LLB. MCom Law (Hons). MTax S (Hons)
- LLB Auckland Law School
- MCom Law (Hons)
- MTaxS (First Class Honours)
- Speciality subjects being:
- superannuation and insurance,
- corporate distress,
- law of obligations,
- company law,
- law relating to sports and media,
Extensive Experience over most litigation fields – including:
- Estate Litigation
- Civil proceedings;
- Debt collection;
- Criminal jury trials and judge alone;
- Family law
- Relationship property
(a) Samoa – involving:
- Lease payments and relief against forfeiture [H v O];
- Resolution of court proceedings [S v B] for large estate;
- Currently conducting preparation for judicial review re: a substantial land case.
(b) Cook Islands – where criminal jury trials and land title issues have been conducted:
- R v D bribery;
- R v A failure to account;
- Co-counsel to substantial and significant land case which has settled;
- Solicitor in respect of pending defamation case;
- Land and Titles Court.